There are two main requirements for participants of startup pitch competition “Startup World Cup”: you must have a registered business and desire to tell about your project at global startup market. If the requirements are met, then leave everything behind and get down filling out application forms!
First of all, go to the website of Ukrainian Future business incubator, official partner of Startup World Cup in Ukraine. Follow the link.
Then press “Apply here”. The system will automatically direct you to the application page for participation in the Ukrainian regional stage of Startup World Cup (this is important because regional stages take place in more than 50 countries, and you need the Ukrainian one!).
The first thing that you will see there will be a detailed instruction how to fill out the application form and terms for selecting startups to participate in the competition. Here are some details:
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications must be completed in one session. Contest organizers strongly recommend keeping a copy of provided information, for example, in a Word file.
- Multiple answer fields require text and indicate the maximum number of words you can enter. To make the text as meaningful and concise as possible, the instructions for filling out Startup World Cup application advise you to write your answers offline first, and then copy the text and paste it into the application form.
- The instructions for filling out the Startup World Cup application contain a sample presentation for the pitch (in PowerPoint) - the competition organizers advise to read it before registration.
- Once you have completed the application, be sure to submit it by clicking "Submit" at the end of the form.
- As part of the registration process, applicants must report the status of their registration on social media. For example: "Our team has just applied for @ SWC2020 #StartupWorldCup #YourCompanyName www.startupworldcup.io." Registration is confirmed after the SWC2020 Twitter account has selected your Twitter post.
Finalists of Startup World Cup regional stage will be selected partly on the basis of the number of tweets (30%) and by the jury commission (70%). In order to get more points on social media, the contest organizers advise to use hashtags #StartupWorldCup and #YourCompanyName. Startup teams’ friends can also use these hashtags in their tweets; this will give some additional points.
Once you have submitted the application form and fulfilled all the above requirements, the only thing left is to wait. 12 startup teams that will be selected to participate in the regional finals will be announced on the regional website and on social media pages after December 6. The regional final of Startup World Cup Ukraine will take place in Kyiv at Parkovy Convention Center on December 22.