MANNA - an interactive media platform for creating original 3D animated content, streaming, and social interaction in a VR environment - became the winner of the Startup World Cup Ukraine 2022. The startup has been selected to represent Ukraine at the Grand Final of the competition in the USA.
With the winner, 9 other startup teams competed for a trip to Silicon Valley and the chance to win $1,000,000 at the online pitching event held on July 22 on the Howspace platform:
- SOLAR PLEX. A retrofit solar panel technology that allows photovoltaic panels to produce electricity and heat simultaneously in the same housing, thereby increasing the overall efficiency of conventional solar panels by 95%.
- MISU. Mobile application and smart device for health monitoring and prevention of critical conditions before they occur.
- Ukr-Techno. Innovative floating pontoon technology that converts wave energy into electricity and fresh water.
- VanOnGo Eastern Europe OÜ. Last mile delivery software based on artificial intelligence.
- CASES. EdTech and Social Networking for the Creative Industries.
- GIOS. An interactive TikTok-like platform for learning mathematics, which unites tutors, students, and teachers.
- Scientific Park of Preventive Medicine and Occupational Safety - Latest systems and technologies. Installation of "Sprout" pre-sowing seed treatment, which ensures an increase in yield by 10-60%+.
- Innstoria. Online store builder that creates a ready-made site with already added products in 40 seconds, using an Instagram page.
- Harmix. An intelligent service that automatically selects music for videos
The winner of the Startup World Cup Ukraine was chosen by a jury, which included representatives of the business community of Ukraine. At the beginning of the pitch, the general partner of the organizer of the global competition, the international venture company Pegasus Tech Ventures, and the chief expert of the Startup World Cup, Bill Reichert, spoke to the participants, who, in particular, expressed support for Ukrainian startups and noted the great potential of Ukrainian innovations.
"The big idea behind the Startup World Cup was to unite the innovation ecosystem around the world! Our thesis was that we can bring some of the spirit of Silicon Valley to different parts of the world where entrepreneurs are striving to change the world. We can make entrepreneurs more successful, we can make the world more innovative, and we can create this energy around entrepreneurship and innovation! And I really want us to meet in one place, and I hope that you will have the opportunity to join us in San Francisco, here in Silicon Valley, for the Grand Finale at the end of September!” said Bill Reichert.
"I am sure that Ukrainian startups will be able to represent Ukraine at the Startup World Cup. They have great potential and a huge motivation to win - so that the whole world knows about Ukraine and its innovations", - said the head of Ukrainian Future, the business incubator of the Junior Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, which is the official representative of the Startup World Cup global competition in Ukraine, Vitalii Lisovy. He also said that two startups from Ukraine will go to the Startup World Cup in Silicon Valley this fall: this year's winner of the MANNA regional selection and the winner of the Startup World Cup Ukraine 2020 – Kray Technologies (automatic drones for applying protection and plant nutrition). After all, the competition was postponed in 2021 due to the pandemic. Both startups will receive support from GIST Network and "Brainy education" NGO for a visit to the US.
"Thank you very much to the jury for choosing our startup! Also, many thanks to the organizers who organize such events despite the situation in our country. I would also like to thank all participating startups. This is not my first pitch and I have had many failures so far. Therefore, I wish everyone not to give up and continue on their way to victory," said the winner of the Startup World Cup Ukraine 2022, CEO of the MANNA startup Oleg Dryzhak.
Startup World Cup is the largest global conference-competition for startups with the final in Silicon Valley. More than 60 countries of the world are holding regional selections of the Startup World Cup, determining the winner who will represent them in the Grand Final and compete for the main prize - $1,000,000 in investment.